Today’s word of the day is ‘Wince‘ Let us understand more about this word.
Wince [ wins ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a verb, i.e., it demonstrates an action or an occurrence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Jhijhak
2. Spanish – Contraerse de dolor
3. French – Grimacer
4. Mandarin – Wēn sī
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. Poynter uttered a sneering laugh, which made Heath wince and turns upon him wrathfully
2. I saw my father wince a little, and he turned to me bending down so that his lips were pretty close to my ear.
3. Yet this very impatience in her somehow made Nick wince a little.
4. The man was dead now, and Slaughter’s words “too late” made them wince.
5. The errant flashes of light in your brain depicting this possibility is strong enough to make you wince and want to cry.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
back off, blanch, cower, cringe, flinch, grimace, recoil, blench, dodge, duck, jib, quail, shrink, shy, start, swerve, turn, make a face, etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
face, meet, etc
A fly, Sir, may sting a stately horse and make him wince; but, one is but an insect, and the other is a horse still.