covidiot [ cou-vi-di-et ]
The word of the day is ‘convidiot.’
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of a sentence.
No, the word is a noun. Therefore, it does not have a past form.
1. Someone who ignores the warnings regarding public health or safety.
2. A stupid person who stubbornly ignores the “social distancing” protocol, thus helping to spread CONVID- 19 further.
3. A foolish person who hoards groceries, needlessly spreading CONVID-19 fears, and depriving others of vital supplies.
4. People not respecting other people during a pandemic.
The word covidiot is a new term coined by the Urban Dictionary during the outbreak of the Corona pandemic. Therefore, we find the word exists only in the English language so far.
1. That covidiot is holding a gathering despite the urge for social distancing.
2. What a covidiot! He is buying more paper rolls than his family can use! Shouldn’t he leave some behind for others to purchase?
3. Some covidiots are finding pleasure in people’s pain. They are reselling necessary goods at higher prices than usual.
4. The government has announced work at homes to stay off the streets. SOme covidiots are still hanging out by the beach, assuming it is a holiday.
5. “You are covidiots for hiding the truth about your travel history and refusing to stay in quarantine at such a delicate time,” the neighbor screamed.
Since the word is new, we do not have synonyms of the word yet.
Since the word is new, we do not have antonyms of the word yet.
Did you miss out on reading today’s Word of the Day? Catch up now!
Discussion about this post