Today’s word of the day is ‘Proxy‘ Let us understand more about this word.
Proxy [ prok-see]
What is the etymology of the word?
The noun comes from late Middle English.
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of a sentence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
No, the word is a noun. Therefore, it does not have a past form.
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Pratinidhi
2. Spanish – Apoderado(masculine); Apoderada(feminine)
3. French – Procuration
4. Mandarin – Dàilǐ rén
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. It’s a reverse proxy service that pre-renders and caches your pages.
2. John’s proxy has been authorized to vote for him during his absence.
3. During the action sequence, a stand-in will act as a proxy for the A-list actor.
4. This resolution went, therefore, to abolish the right of peers to vote by proxy.
5. The vice-principal will act as a proxy for the vacationing principal.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
intermediary, surrogate, alternate, ambassador, assignee, attorney, backup, broker, delegate, deputy, emissary, envoy, executor, lawyer, negotiator, representative, substitute, etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
a permanent, real, entity, etc
We had a world dominated by the Soviet Union on the one hand, and the Americans on the other hand. They called it the Cold War. But it wasn’t cold. I am someone who comes from the third world. In the third world, the cold war wasn’t cold. Millions had been killed. It was a proxy war.
Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Hello Fellow Luca enthusiasts. Turns out the Japan exclusive Merchandise is only available in claw machines at certain stores 😅. You will have to buy on a second hand market through a proxy, cause they don’t ship outside jp#luca #PixarLuca I post link under the thread pic.twitter.com/QqTbGKzkyV
— . (@icykekcel) July 13, 2021