Guess what? We’re now on Telegram! Join our channel today to receive the “Word of the Day” directly on Telegram. Click here to join.
Today’s word of the day is ‘Newbie‘ Let us understand more about this word.
Newbie [ noo-bee ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of a sentence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Nausikhiya
2. Spanish – Novato
3. French – Débutant(masculine); Débutante(feminine)
4. Mandarin – Xīnshǒu
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. In some West Coast regions, there are even classes available to teach newbies what the best seaweeds are for various uses
2. Weights run between 12 and 60 pounds, so this one works for both newbies and hardcore strength trainers
3. Let’s be honest, earning backlinks as a newbie or start-up isn’t easy.
4. PPCchat isn’t gender-focused, but it is a welcoming community for PPC pros and newbies alike.
5. Quibi nears its end, Kristen Welker is set to moderate tonight’s presidential debate, and we learn more about one of the newbies on this year’s Fortune MPW list.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
beginner, novice, rookie, colt, cub, fledgling, greenhorn, initiate, neophyte, recruit, tyro, amateur, dilettante, freshman, tenderfoot, trainee, etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
expert, master, professional, aficionado, specialist, etc
He’s certainly a newbie in the formal sense, but he is as personally familiar to them as any newbie outsider could be.