Guess what? We’re now on Telegram! Join our channel today to receive the “Word of the Day” directly on Telegram. Click here to join.
Today’s word of the day is ‘Counteract‘ Let us understand more about this word.
Counteract [ koun-ter-akt ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a verb, i.e., it demonstrates an action or an occurrence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Rok thaam karna
2. Spanish -Contrarrestar
3. French – Contrer
4. Mandarin – Dǐxiāo
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. That force counteracts the downward pull of gravity, allowing the toys to float on both sides of the liquid’s surface
2. When there’s money on the line you have to counteract any favoritism which can require self-analysis.
3. One way to counteract groupthink is to encourage voters to embrace the ambiguity of what “most valuable” means.
4. English influence was all-powerful at Lisbon and the new envoy had not the talent to counteract it.
5. Although it was May, a wood fire had been lighted in her room to counteract the chilly damp of the evening.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
correct, negate, neutralize, prevent, rectify, resist, cancel, check, negative, oppose, etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
aid, allow, assist, encourage, facilitate, permit, support, uphold, etc
Time spent in nature is the most cost-effective and powerful way to counteract the burnout and sort of depression that we feel when we sit in front of a computer all day.
Self-affirming words and actions are necessary to counteract the unpleasant things we have said about ourselves. pic.twitter.com/888mPuHW8o
— Iyanla Vanzant (@IyanlaVanzant) May 21, 2021