Guess what? We’re now on Telegram! Join our channel today to receive the “Word of the Day” directly on Telegram. Click here to join.
Today’s word of the day is ‘Entrust‘ Let us understand more about this word.
Entrust [ en-truhst ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a verb, i.e., it demonstrates an action or an occurrence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Saumpana
2. Spanish – Confiar
3. French – Confier
4. Mandarin – Wěituō
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. NASA has entrusted multiple aspects of its space program to the private sector.
2. Still, he said, if France desired to entrust her independence and glory to one man she could choose none better than Bonaparte.
3. It was to their credit that they sought out godly men, to whom they might entrust the cure of souls.
4. He found there would be little difficulty in prevailing on Major Bridgenorth to entrust him with the guardianship of his daughter.
5. I have not been able to read these pages, and have been compelled to entrust their revision to other eyes and other hands.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
allocate, assign, authorize, commend, commit, confer, confide, impose, invest, relegate, trust, allot, bank, charge, consign, count, delegate, deliver, depend, reckon, rely, etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
deny, hold, keep, retain, withhold etc
Few professions are given as much power as we entrust to those who wear the uniform of a police officer. These individuals dedicate themselves to a calling in which threats that can materialize in an instant are part of the job description.
Let us entrust ourselves to the maternal intercession of Mary Most Holy so that the Holy Spirit may descend in abundance upon the Church of our time, fill the hearts of all the faithful and kindle in them the fire of his love.
— Pope Francis (@Pontifex) May 24, 2021