Today’s word of the day is ‘Diligent‘ Let us understand more about this word.
Diligent [ dil-i-juhnt ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is an adjective, i.e., it adds more information about the noun or sentence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
No, the word is an adjective. Therefore, it does not have a past form.
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Mehanatee
2. Spanish – Diligente
3. French – Diligent(masculine); Diligente(feminine)
4. Mandarin – Qínfèn
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. He just thinks his habit of using the mail as a convenient tool of democracy is different because he’s diligent.
2. Despite their treatment of others’ cubs, female hyenas can be “very attentive and diligent mothers,” Strauss says.
3. Nonetheless, even the most diligent amateur risks taking a beating if they trade for any length of time
4. But he was studious, diligent, and anxious to avoid reprimands and to fulfill the expectations of his parents.
5. The three plodded on, taking a diligent constitutional walk, exchanging very few words, and those chiefly between the girls.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
active, assiduous, attentive, careful, conscientious, eager, earnest, indefatigable, industrious, painstaking, studious, tireless, busy, laborious, occupied, etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
careless, disinterested, idle, ignorant, inactive, inattentive, lazy, neglectful, thoughtless, tired, uncareful, unscrupulous, weary, lethargic, negligent, etc
I used to be that crazy person that was strict about what I did and didn’t eat. I was so diligent with exercise. And as soon as I stopped thinking about it, I lost weight. I wasn’t stressing about it. The balance and relaxing is what’s really helped me.
A diligent parliamentarian, total commitment to the organisation & complete integrity towards the party defined @SATAVRAJEEV ji.
We lost him in the line of duty like many others in the party.
— Sushmita Dev (@sushmitadevinc) May 17, 2021