Today’s word of the day is ‘Advert‘ Let us understand more about this word.
Advert [ ad-vurt ]
What is this word’s grammar?
– The word is a verb, i.e., it demonstrates an action or an occurrence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Sanket karna
2. Spanish – Propaganda
3. French – Publicité
4. Mandarin – Kāndēng guǎnggào
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. He adverted briefly to the news of the day.
2. The committee adverted to the business at hand.
3. Before, however, I begin a new chapter and with it the above-mentioned sketch, I should like to advert to a few other matters.
4. As an instance of explicit references made to the duty, we may advert to the blessing of Moses on the tribe of Levi.
5. Notwithstanding the faults to which we have found it necessary to advert, Sarah was unquestionably a great character.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
attend, consider, notice, observe, announced, etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
disregard, forget, ignore, miss, neglect, overlook etc.
It is very similar to companies like Google and other internet companies. When you go and search on Google you don’t pay for that. But sometimes you click on an advert and Google makes money on that.
In English, we’re studying ‘A Midsummer’s Night Dream’. The class turned the ‘love-in-idleness’ flower into a perfume which they had to design & create a print advert for that included a slogan.
I’m so impressed with their ideas! ? pic.twitter.com/DG023xSWlX
— Emily Weston (@primaryteachew) May 16, 2021