Today’s word of the day is ‘Eminence‘ Let us understand more about this word.
Eminence [ em–uh-nuhns ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of a sentence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Shreshthata
2. Spanish – Eminencia
3. French – Éminence
4. Mandarin – Xiǎnhè
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. He was the son of a miller, and raised himself to eminence by his great talent and genius as a painter.
2. We did not perceive the little town until we had surmounted the last eminence and were in its immediate vicinity.
3. On a little eminence in the midst of these stands the chapel of Our Lady, which is the parish church of a large district.
4. All parties have borne testimony to the value of his services and the eminence of his talents.
5. He who has attained it grows giddy, and the fiercest winds are summoned to blow him from his eminence.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
greatness, prestige, prominence, renown, authority, celebrity, credit, dignity, distinction, esteem, glory, honor, illustriousness, influence, kudos, loftiness, notability, note, power, preeminence, prepotency, rank, reputation, repute, significance, standing, superiority, weight, famousness, prominency etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
unimportance, dishonor, disrespect, impotence, incapacity, inferiority, insignificance, lowliness, subservience, triviality, weakness, flat, etc.
Let us ever remember that our interest is in concord, not in conflict; and that our real eminence rests in the victories of peace, not those of war.
I joined in the celebration of the 102nd Birthday Celebration of the National Chief Imam, His Eminence Dr. Osmanu Nuhu Sharubutu
— Francis-Xavier Sosu (@fx_sosu) May 9, 2021