Today’s word of the day is ‘Lavish‘ Let us understand more about this word.
Lavish [ lav-ish ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is an adjective, i.e., it adds more information about the noun or sentence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
No, the word is an adjective. Therefore, it does not have a past form.
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Kharch karna
2. Spanish – Prodigar
3. French – Somptueux
4. Mandarin – Shēhuá de
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. These smaller Turkish towels give you the same lavish experience in an even smaller form.
2. In New York he was much impressed with the “elegant country seats,” with the bountiful hospitality, and the lavish way of living.
3. Among animal remains found in the sediment—thought to be the debris from lavish feasts—are hundreds of pieces of human bones.
4. The critics were fulsome in their praise and the public was lavish with its plaudits, but I was abjectly miserable.
5. Dazzled by the more lavish gifts, she looked listlessly and disdainfully at bodkins, three for twopence.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
effusive, excessive, extravagant, exuberant, generous, gorgeous, grand, lush, luxurious, opulent, plush, posh, profligate, ritzy, sumptuous, swanky, wasteful, exaggerated, free, abundant, copious, first-class, impressive, improvident, inordinate, intemperate, liberal, luxuriant, munificent, openhanded, plentiful, prodigal, prolific, riotous, thriftless, unreasonable, unrestrained, unsparing, unstinging, wild, etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
austere, barren, depressed, destitute, economical, insufficient, lacking, mean, moderate, poor, reasonable, saving, sparse, stingy, thrifty, wanting, scanty, scarce, small, spare, etc.
If I have learned anything, it is to keep my wife happy by sending her lavish gifts. Other men can learn from my success and send their wives and girlfriends fresh flowers for birthdays, anniversaries, and of course, Valentine’s Day.
And what would you do about it if you were president…. Invite them to the WH, lavish them with cheap foreign workers, and give them a tax cut https://t.co/11VQTHlgZO
— Ryan James Girdusky (@RyanGirdusky) May 5, 2021