Today’s word of the day is ‘Fanatical‘ Let us understand more about this word.
Fanatical [ fuh–nat-i-kuhl ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is an adjective, i.e., it adds more information about the noun or sentence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
No, the word is an adjective. Therefore, it does not have a past form.
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Bhraant buddhiwala
2. Spanish – Fanático(masculine); Fanática(feminine)
3. French – Fanatique
4. Mandarin – Kuángrè de
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. The standard of the Prophet was raised in the bazaar and a fanatical mob rallied around it.
2. His duties as Pipe-master, Hennemann discharged with great fidelity; yea, even with genuine fanatical zeal.
3. Blind faith in a religion, fanatical zeal for religion, are too common to astonish us.
4. But a fanatical or parricide priest is not incited in this way; heaven is held out to him, and not a woman.
5. There was the blind, fanatical opposition of the mollahs and those Mussulmans whom they influenced.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
enthusiastic, fervent, obsessive, zealous, biased, contumacious, erratic, impulsive, incorrigible, monomaniacal, obsessed, obstinate, opinionated, partial, partisan, possessed, unruly, visionary, willful, etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
apathetic, calm, indifferent, lethargic, tolerant, etc.
Marxism, Freudianism, global warming. These are proof – of which history offers so many examples – that people can be suckers on a grand scale. To their fanatical followers they are a substitute for religion. Global warming, in particular, is a creed, a faith, a dogma that has little to do with science.
A hundred and sixty years ago today, the insurrectionist Jefferson Davis told Confederate “Congress” that well-funded “fanatical organizations” were "assiduously engaged in exciting amongst the slaves a spirit of discontent and revolt,” encouraging "escape from their owners”: pic.twitter.com/dHytbqfNl2
— Michael Beschloss (@BeschlossDC) April 29, 2021