Today’s word of the day is ‘Fiery‘ Let us understand more about this word.
Fiery [ fahyuhr-ee ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is an adjective, i.e., it adds more information about the noun or sentence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
No, the word is an adjective. Therefore, it does not have a past form.
1. Consisting of fire or burning strongly and brightly
2. Passionate and quick-tempered nature
3. Having the bright color of fire
4. Showing strong emotion, typically anger
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Ugr
2. Spanish – Ardiente
3. French – Fougueuse (feminine) and fougueux (masculine)
4. Mandarin – Huǒrè
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. It was pulsing like an angry fiery liquid.
2. For a moment I caught sight of a pair of glowing, fiery eyes shining through the darkness.
3. John is a fiery, imaginative Aries.
4. The car was painted a fiery red.
5. The minister’s speech was to the point, fiery, and convincing.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
True love is not a strong, fiery, impetuous passion. It is, on the contrary, an element calm and deep. It looks beyond mere externals, and is attracted by qualities alone. It is wise and discriminating, and its devotion is real and abiding.
Ellen G. White
— Christina Kim (@TheChristinaKim) April 6, 2021