Today’s word of the day is ‘Hodgepodge.’ Let us understand more about this word.
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of the sentence.
1. A confused mixture
2. A hotchpotch
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Golamaal
2. Spanish – Mezcolanza
3. French – Fatras
4. Mandarin – Dàzáhuì
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. The loot that the Nipe had been stealing had, at first, seemed to be a hodgepodge of everything.
2. When fully operational, it will replace a hodgepodge of disaster programs that suffered from numerous shortcomings.
3. Why can they not conform to the Church, and be plagued with them?
4. Superstition is the interpretation of their religion, their political views are a hodgepodge of unconnected ideas.
5. French was to be no longer a hodgepodge or a patois, but the pure and perfect speech of the king and his court.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
Mixture, mix, mixed bag, assortment, assemblage, collection, selection, jumble, ragbag, hotchpotch, miscellany, medley, patchwork, pot-pourri, melange, mess, mishmash, confusion, clutter, farrago, mash-up, gallimaufry, olio, olla podrida, salmagundi, jumble, patchwork, combination, goulash, hash, miscellany, etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word of the day are:
We’re definitely a hodgepodge of influences. Mine, most heavily, would be Southern rock – the Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd and stuff like that. Hillary is more from the country side – her mom is Linda Davis, a country singer. Dave, he’s a big fan of the Eagles and like that.
I truly am fascinated by this view that California's bonanza of clean-energy policies and ad hoc decisionmaking is some kind of ideal — and could be improved if only it were more of a hodgepodge. https://t.co/9yjPfP5rDE
— Travis Kavulla (@TKavulla) October 20, 2020
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!- Click to read more.