Today’s word of the day is ‘Bulbous.’ Let us understand more about this word.
bulbous [ buhl-buh s ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is an adjective, i.e., it adds more information about the noun.
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Ubhada Hua
2. Spanish – Bulbosa (Feminine) and bulboso (masculine)
3. French – Bulbeuse (Feminine) and bulbeux (masculine)
4. Mandarin – Qiújīng de
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. That man with a bulbous nose is my boss; I don’t like him much!
2. Invisible rays licked out of the bulbous muzzle of the pistol.
3. On the threshold of the doorway was a shadow—black and bulbous.
4. He also adds the juices of a bitter root and of two bulbous plants.
5. The rattle-snake-herb has a bulbous root, like that of the tuberose, but twice as large.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
Curled, curved, cylindrical, elliptical, oval, rounded, spherical, arched, bent, orbed, coiled, looped, spheroid, spiral, disk-shaped, discoid, bowed, globular, globoid, spheric, jutting, circular, ringed, domical, curvilinear, arciform, annular, egg-shaped, globose, rotund, bulging, swelling, distended, bloated, ovoid, pear-shaped, convex, protuberant, etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
Straight, inadequate, lacking, soft, weak, incomplete, unfinished, indirect, low, dishonest, deceitful, small, tumid, balloon-shaped, etc.
What is it in man that for a long while lies unknown and unseen only one day to emerge and push him into a new land of the eye, a new region of the mind, a place he has never dreamed of? Maybe it’s like the force in spores lying quietly under asphalt until the day they push a soft, bulbous mushroom head right through the pavement. There’s nothing you can do to stop it.
William Least Heat-moon
#WalterVanBeirendonck has added wild, gigantic spikes to the already bulbous Jewelry sneaker. Get a pair now from Concrete’s website and selected stores worldwide for approximately $977 USD.
Photo: Concrete pic.twitter.com/LrXx7ReN2U
— HYPEBEAST (@HYPEBEAST) September 28, 2020
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!- Click here to read.