Today’s word of the day is ‘Agnostic.’ Let us understand more about this word.
agnostic [ ag-nos-tik ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of a sentence.
1. Person unsure that God exists
How is the word ‘Agnostic’ pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Agyeyavaad ka
2. Spanish – Agnóstico
3. French – Agnostique
4. Mandarin – Bù kězhīlùn zhě
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. The world is not the same as the Christian theist and to the agnostic.
2. He may remain a Monist and nothing more; in which case he is an agnostic.
3. I’m quite agnostic about this free trade agreement.
4. An effective discovery tool must be agnostic.
5. Like de Valera, I am largely agnostic on the issue.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
atheist, heathen, unbeliever, pagan, infidel, faithless, freethinker, irreligious, godless, heretic, cynic, dubious, doubtful etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
believer, devout, gnostic, adherent, perspicacious, religious, godlike
There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can’t prove that there aren’t any, so shouldn’t we be agnostic with respect to fairies?
id you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!