Today’s word of the day is ‘Supremacy.’ Let us understand more about this word.
supremacy [ suh–prem–uh-see ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of a sentence.
1. Total domination
How is the word ‘Supremacy’ pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Prabhutv
2. Spanish – Supremacía
3. French – Suprématie
4. Mandarin – Bàquán
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. The supremacy of the nation and its laws should be no longer a subject of debate.
2. He was quite aware of his ascendency in counsel and his supremacy in the debate.
3. In 1835, Cleveland, Erie and Sandusky were all struggling for supremacy.
4. Her eyes were alight with a love, radiant in its supremacy over her whole being.
5. In the colonies in Asia Minor, the supremacy of the Ionic order had long been recognized.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
dominance, preeminence, primacy, sovereignty, superiority, ascendancy, authority, command, control, dominion, paramountcy, power, predominance, preponderance, principality, sway, absolute etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
inferiority, subordination, weakness, subservience
We reached a high point in my opinion with the passage of the civil rights legislation and Martin Luther King’s success and the crusade of others. I think we kind of breathed a sigh of relief as if we had achieved the end of racial discrimination or white supremacy.
id you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!